Dillards 30% off UGGS Sale! UGG Kristabelle Review + how to waterproof Uggs!

I hope everyone has had a great holiday!

It snowed a surprising amount in Wilmington and I found that I was not ready for it. It snows a little every year in North Carolina but no one can really guess when. This year it snowed a lot!

Anyways, Dillards is currently having a 30% off past season Uggs. I got my first pair of these popular winter shoes. Uggs almost never go on sale so I definitely would take advantage of this opportunity.

I got the Ugg Kristabelle. They were originally $180 but are now $126. They come in black or natural color!



They feature a Twinface upper and UGGpure wool. They are also the Treadlite so they are super comfortable and not too clunky. The suede is soft and the wool is very fluffy which makes the inside feel like a pillow. They fit true to size so I would get your normal tennis shoe size. For half sizes, I'm usually a 5.5 in heels but I got a size 6 in these and they fit great with some medium thickness socks. The fur will get more matted down as you wear them so they should feel snug at first.



I went for the lace up tassels because I didn't want just plain Uggs but also didn't want them to be too decorated. The tassels add some interest but are generally inconspicuous. One thing that bothers me about the laces are that they do tend to come undone. Other than that I haven't found anything bad about these Uggs.

These Uggs aren't as big and puffy as some of the others I tried on from the sale. The wool is more of a fur than a fluffy sherpa kind of lining. This helped to reduce some of the extra volume in the toes. I think the Treadlite makes a difference in how the sole feels when you walk. Some of the other designs were too thick and didn't bend much to my foot. It felt like trying to walk in those vintage snow shoes.

Another thing I like about these is how they really feel like putting your foot in a pillow. They are very warm and have a thick enough sole that it feels substantially supportive to the foot. They also stay surprisingly clean on the bottom. I wore them out after the snow had melted and they still looked new afterward!

How to Waterproof Uggs

After much research I didn't find much information about how Uggs are waterproofed so I thought I would share what I did to waterproof them. I didn't get the Ugg care kit since it was $20 and waterproofing them only cost $6!

These Uggs are not waterproof and most Uggs are only water resistant. They must be treated before being waterproof! I got the Kiwi Protect All Shoe Protectant from Target.
See the source image
Target | Protect All

Right after I bought them, I took a washcloth and wiped off any dust or threads off the shoe. I then sprayed a light coat all over, waited for it to dry for 30 minutes, and then sprayed another coat. I would spray a test spot first to see if the spray discolors the suede -- some reviews on Amazon said their shoes became discolored so I was cautious. I sprayed my Uggs and another pair of suede shoes and they both came out waterproof with no discoloration. This spray works with other material of shoes or garments too. Now I can wear my Uggs without worrying about water damage or dirt, it just wipes off! After every couple wears, I would spray them with a light coat to make sure they are still protected. The spray does not alter the texture or color at all!

shell

Comments

Popular Posts