How I Painted My Lilly Pulitzer Inspired Calculator

Hi!

Today I will be talking about how I painted this Lilly Pulitzer inspired calculator. This won't be exactly a tutorial but I will talk about the steps I took to get this print.


1. The materials you will need: acrylic paint, paintbrushes in various sizes, a cup of water to rinse brushes, paper towel, and mod podge.


2. First, paint one coat of white over the original color of the calculator cover. I did this to get the blue to stand out more and apply easily. After the white is dry, apply 2 coats of the background color to your print.


3. My print was inspired by this print: 

To paint the flowers I painted a clover type of shape in a medium yellow color. Then I mixed a darker yellow and a lighter yellow and painted random rings to make the petals of the roses. It's best to let each layer of yellow dry individually so the paint shades don't mix together into a weird color. I used a hair dryer to speed up the process. You can google how to paint different Lilly prints and a ton of results will come up. I used this one as my reference to paint these roses.



4. Lastly, I painted on the leaves using a green and swiping a mixture of green and white through the center of the leaves. Then, I coated with 2 coats of mod podge to seal it all.

To make your own mod podge:
mix 1 tbsp of white elmers glue and 1 tsp of water. This is more than enough to cover the calculator cover with 2 coats. 

That's it! I hope this post inspires you to make your own custom calculator cover!
shell

Comments

Popular Posts